Friday 15 December 2017

The Meaning of life - Shocking revelation or just a theory?

“We are what we think, all that we are arises with our thoughts, with our thoughts we make the world.” – Gautama Buddha

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

 
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
 

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

 
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
 

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

 
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
 
I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.
 

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

 

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
 

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

 

 –Albert Einstein

So what's it all about?

Life it seems is full of questions, choices, uncertainty and almost a force that bears down on you making you lead "the normal life".
So, what is the meaning of life?

I don't know. However I have a idea, a theory if you like.

We are given life for a reason. Whatever you choose to believe that that reason is, is the truth. If you believe that God gave that to you, your right.
If you believe that an alien planted you on this earth, your right.  
Same as the beliefs of death.
"When you die, that's it!"
"You'll go to hell!"
That's your choice to believe what you want.

WAIT!!

What if I believe that when I die, I go to a paradise? No pain, no need to be afraid, just a calm happiness.

I can do that! It's my belief. 

Why believe that something bad will happen when you can believe that something amazing will happen.
Same principle works in life.
If you believe that you will achieve nothing, that you will fail then how on earth can you do anything else?
I'm not saying that you should wake up saying,

"I'm gonna rule the world and be a billionaire!"

"Strive to be someone that knows value, not success and the latter may well open up to you." - Darren Lawson

My son George and I, stood before huge mountains in Austria
Darren enjoying a drink in a hotel in Newcastle

Do more of what makes you happy and if you do any of the below, make sure you break the habit;

Moaning - Making someone look bad to make yourself feel better is weak. You won't gain respect form this. Instead work with them.
Picking fault - Instead suggest an idea that you think might be better, if you can't then say nothing.
Miss important life events - No matter how difficult it is, get to that special occasion. It will only happen once, GO.
Point out peoples weakness - Instead find their strengths, any idiot can find weakness but a strong individual find the strengths
meaning of my life

The meaning of my life

Since my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, my whole outlook on line changed. Suddenly I felt lost, drifting along without much of a direction.
I am only just starting to gain a bit of control back. I think deeper than I ever have.
I believe that the meaning of my life is to,
Give my children all that I can, mostly my time.
Enjoy my work,
Love my blogging,
Try to be the best person that I can be (be honest, be a friend, be nice)
Don't pretend to be something that I am not,
Believe that one day, when I die, I will rise up to a wonderful place filled with joy, kindness and an infinite realm of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment